|Photo by Joe DiBuduo, 2008
hire an editor?
Sometimes writers need a fresh pair
of eyes, some pre-pub polish, or coaching to hone their writing chops. I enjoy assisting authors writing in a broad
range of genres to creatively and critically examine their writing projects. As a publisher (Tootie-Do Press) and hybrid author (a conventionally published and indie author), I fully understand
both types of authors' needs and concerns.
::: Starstone Lit Services specializes in copyediting, line editing, prep editing, proofreading, manuscript
evaluation, and creative / critical consultation for fiction, memoir, poetry, and narrative nonfiction writers. Experienced,
thoughtful evaluation and editing of women's lit, crime drama, fantasy, historical, magical realism, mystery, slipstream,
soft and hard sci-fi, suspense, thrillers, and literary works; memoir, poetry, and Young Adult, New Adult,
Juvenile fiction and nonfiction, and children's picture books.
copyediting, prep editing, and proofreading for publishers and business professionals: journal articles, fiction,
narrative nonfiction and textbook manuscripts, resumes, brochures, business letters, print or internet advertising, press
releases, blog and website copy. Indexing services for selected nonfiction topics. All style guides honored.
Copy and line editing in UK, US, CA, and Aus English.
Ethical editing and proofreading of academic theses and dissertations.
Custom print book interior designs to match your cover design, and custom e-book conversions for all standard manuscripts. Draft2Digital,
Kindle Direct Publishing, and Smashwords manuscript and cover download assistance.
::: Assistance with cover
and query letters to agents and publishers, book pitches - descriptions and synopses, author
bios, and book proposals for narrative nonfiction and memoirs. Marketing assistance packages for indie authors include
book cover pitch - description, short and detailed author bios, and keywords for publication venues.
::: General social media book PR
for indie and conventional authors. Assistance to set up social media accounts to highlight your publications.
::: Reasonable per page or hourly rates,
::: Blocked? On a budget? Inquire
about econo-evals and self-editing coaching.
::: Free 5-page sample edit-evaluation-estimate for book-length
manuscripts, 1-3 pages for academic papers and short manuscripts.
Whether you're an
emerging or an expert writer,
can assist with the birth of your award-winning
Contact Starstone Lit using form below.
Creative Nonfiction, Memoir, Poetry
*2019 Global Ebook Awards, Short Stories / Fiction
Literary Titan Book Award
*2018 Eric Hoffer / da Vinci Eye Finalist for excellence in cover art
New Generation Book Award Finalist in the Young New Adult category
*2017 Book Cover of the Year, Cassie Loves Covers
- Corr Syl the Warrior -YA eco sci-fi / fantasy (CreateSpace / Kindle, 2013).
*Finalist, New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards, 2013
Arizona Authors’ Association Literary Awards, 2013
*Kirkus Star Review, 2013
*OneBookAZ for Teens, 2014
*2014 Best Indie Book Award, Children's
- Crime a Day: Death By Electric Chair & Other Boyhood Pursuits -
memoir (Jaded Ibis Press, 2015).
- Cryonic Man: A Paranormal Affair - sci-fi / paranormal romance (Tootie-Do Press, 2015).
- Dating Game - romantic suspense (DWP Books, 2016).
- Divine Aphasia - literary memoir (publication pending).
· Dragon Daily News - MG fantasy fiction (CreateSpace, 2013).
· Dream Shadow - suspense (DWP Books, 2014).
My Way: From Paralysis to A Rich Full Life - memoir (Bez Publications, 2009/2011).
- Four Women - literary family
drama (publication pending).
- Homeless - paranormal drama (DWP Books, 2014).
- I Cried for Freedom - romantic suspense.
- In Search of the
American Dream - literary drama script.
- Judgment - paranormal drama (DWP Books, 2014).
- Keepers of Lubaantun - YA
Ogg Played the Harp - memoir (Two Harbors Press, 2012).
*Winner of Grand Prize in the 2013 Great Southwest Book Festival
Life as a Sperm - memoir (publication pending).
- Na Bolom: House of the Jaguar - visionary eco-adventure
/ romance (Hidden Jungle Press, 2016).
- Return of the Goddess - metaphysical memoir / nonfiction (BookLocker,
- Saving the Katie: Ghost of the Hundredth - paranormal adventure / romance (publication pending).
- Search for Significance: Finding Meaning in Times of Change,
Challenge & Chaos - inspirational nonfiction (GeroWise International,
- Searching for Nannie B. - memoir (Ardent Writer Press, 2015).
*2017 Book Excellence Awards
*2017 Kindle Awards
- Second Chance - sci-fi (DWP Books, 2013).
of Light - inspirational poetry (iUniverse, 2013).
- Sleepers - medical sci-fi (DWP Books, 2015).
- Trash Picker on Mars - poetry (Kelsay Books, 2016).
- The Museum of Unwearable Shoes - poetry (Kelsay Books, 2018).
- The Wedding Dress - memoir (publication pending).
- Wild World - YA fiction (publication pending).
3D Post Production (Routledge, 2014).
A Broadcast Engineering Tutorial for Non-Engineers, 4th edition. (Routledge, 2014).
Environmental Certification for Organisations and Products (Routledge,
The First European
Description of Japan - (Routledge 2014).
Internationalization of the Curriculum (Routledge,
11th Edition (Cengage, 2014).
The Maritime Labour
Convention 2006 (Routledge, 2013).
Mapping the Terrain of Education Reform (Routledge,
Maritime Letters of Indemnity (Routledge,
Planning Urban Places (Routledge, 2015).
Greenland and the Arctic in the Era of Climate Change (Routledge, 2016).
Perspectives on Group Work & Space Time and Evaluation in Ideological Discourse (Routledge,
Merchants and Trade Networks in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, 1550-1800
Advanced First Aid, CPR, and AED, Seventh Edition (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Health Care Provider CPR, Fifth Edition, (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons –
Make secure editing payments with Paypal
|Tootie-Do Press, 2018
|Kelsay Books, 2018
If a teacher told me to revise, I thought that meant my
writing was a broken-down car that needed to go to the repair shop. I felt insulted. I didn't realize the teacher
was saying, 'Make it shine. It's worth it.' Now I see revision as a beautiful word of hope. It's a new vision of something.
It means you don't have to be perfect the first time. What a relief!
::: Naomi Shihab Nye
As an Amazon Associate,
we earn from qualifying