|Photo by Joe DiBuduo, 2008
hire an editor?
writers need a fresh pair of eyes, some pre-pub polish, or coaching to hone their writing chops. I enjoy assisting
authors who work in a broad range of fields and genres to creatively and critically examine their writing projects.
As a publisher (Tootie-Do Press) and hybrid author (a conventionally published and indie author), I fully understand both
types of authors' needs and concerns.
Lit Services specializes in copyediting, line editing, proofreading, evaluation, and creative / critical consultation
for fiction, memoir, and narrative nonfiction writers. Experienced, thoughtful evaluation and editing of chick lit, crime
drama, fantasy, historical, magical realism, mystery, slipstream, soft sci-fi, thrillers, and literary works;
memoir, poetry, and Young Adult, New Adult, and Juvenile fiction and nonfiction.
editing, and proofing for publishers and business professionals: journal articles, narrative nonfiction
and textbook manuscripts, resumes, brochures, business letters, print or internet advertising, press releases, blog and website
copy. Indexing services for selected nonfiction topics. All style guides honored.
Copy and line editing in UK, US, and Aus English.
editing and proofreading of BA, MA & PhD theses and dissertations.
book interior designs to match your cover design, and e-book conversions for all standard manuscripts. Createspace,
Kindle Direct, and Smashwords manuscript and cover download assistance.
::: Marketing copy services packages.
Assistance writing your cover / query letters to agents and publishers, book pitches / descriptions / synopses, author
bios, and book proposals for nonfiction and memoirs. Marketing assistance packages for indie authors include book cover
pitch / description, short and detailed author bios, keywords for publication sites.
::: General social media book PR
by the hour for indie and conventional authors. I will assist you to set up various social media accounts to highlight your
::: Reasonable per page / hourly rate for copyediting
/ line editing / proofreading, reasonable turnaround.
::: Blocked? On a budget? Inquire about econo-evals
and self-editing coaching.
::: Free 5-page sample edit/evaluation/estimate for book-length
manuscripts, 1-3 pages for academic papers / short manuscripts.
you're an emerging or an expert writer, author-editor Kate Robinson will assist you in birthing
your award-winning project!
Creative Nonfiction, Memoir, Poetry
· At Heaven's Doorway - inspirational memoir (AuthorHouse, 2008). 2010 International Book Award Finalist, Spirituality: Inspirational
- Big War, Little Wars - YA historical fiction (CreateSpace, 2014).
- Billy and the
Pirate - Middle grade visionary fantasy (pub pending).
- Blind Terror - New Adult suspense (DE Publishing, 2015).
- Broken - paranormal fantasy (CreateSpace,
- Code of the King - paranormal thriller
(Book Locker, 2009).
- The Contest and
Other Stories - Connected YA / NA short fiction (Tootie-Do Press, 2017).
- Corr Syl the Warrior -YA eco sci-fi / fantasy (CreateSpace / Kindle, 2013).
*Finalist, New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards, 2013
* Winner, Arizona Authors’ Association Literary
* Kirkus Star Review, 2013
* OneBookAZ for Teens, 2014
* 2014 Best Indie Book Award, Children's category, 2014.
- Crime a Day: Death By Electric Chair & Other Boyhood Pursuits -
memoir (Jaded Ibis Press, 2015).
- Cryonic Man: A Paranormal Affair - sci-fi / paranormal romance (Tootie-Do Press, 2015).
- Dating Game - romantic suspense (CreateSpace, 2016).
Aphasia - literary memoir (publication pending).
· Dragon Daily News - MG fantasy fiction (CreateSpace, 2013).
· Dream Shadow - suspense (CreateSpace, 2014).
· Finding My Way: From Paralysis to A Rich Full
Life - memoir (Bez Publications, 2009/2011).
- Four Women - YA / NA family drama (publication pending).
- Homeless - paranormal fantasy (CreateSpace, 2014).
- I Cried for Freedom - romantic suspense.
- In Search of the American Dream - literary drama script.
- Judgment - paranormal fantasy (CreateSpace, 2014).
- Keepers of Lubaantun - YA fantasy.
- Mrs. Ogg Played the Harp - memoir (Two Harbors Press, 2012). *Winner of Grand Prize in the Great Southwest Book Festival Contest, 2012.
- Na Bolom: House of the Jaguar - visionary adventure
/ romance (Hidden Jungle Press, 2016).
- Return of the Goddess - metaphysical memoir / nonfiction (BookLocker,
- Saving the Katie: Ghost of the Hundredth - paranormal adventure / romance (publication pending).
for Significance: Finding Meaning in Times of Change, Challenge
& Chaos - inspirational nonfiction (GeroWise International, 2008).
- Searching for Nannie B. - memoir (Ardent Writer Press, 2015).
- Second Chance - sci-fi (CreateSpace, 2013).
- Shades of Light - inspirational poetry (iUniverse, 2013).
- Sleepers - medical sci-fi (CreateSpace, 2015).
- Trash Picker on Mars - poetry (Kelsay Books, 2016).
- The Museum of Unwearable Shoes - poetry (Kelsay Books, 2018).
Wedding Dress - memoir (publication pending).
World - YA fiction (publication pending).
Narrative Nonfiction, Textbooks
3D Post Production
A Broadcast Engineering Tutorial for
Non-Engineers, 4th edition. (Routledge, 2014).
Certification for Organisations and Products (Routledge, 2015).
First European Description of Japan - (Routledge 2014).
Internationalization of the Curriculum (Routledge, 2015).
11th Edition (Cengage, 2014).
The Maritime Labour Convention
2006 (Routledge, 2013).
Mapping the Terrain of Education
Reform (Routledge, 2015).
Maritime Letters of Indemnity (Routledge,
Planning Urban Places (Routledge,
Greenland and the Arctic in the Era of Climate Change (Routledge, 2016).
on Group Worrk & Space Time and Evaluation in Ideological Discourse (Routledge, 2016).
Merchants and Trade Networks
in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, 1550-1800 (Routledge, 2016).
Here's Looking At You: Hollywood, Film & Politics, 3rd Ed.
Email inquiries welcome!
Make secure editing payments with Paypal
|Kelsay Books, 2016
| Hidden Jungle Press, 2016